Below is a general guide on how to configure the Daysi App to receive appointments from other external calendars.
In addition, there are a number of descriptions on how to configure Daysi with a specific external calendar.
Note that all appointments must be maintained in the external calendar – Daysi imports the appointments in a “Read-only” format.
– Synchronization of appointments from other calendars is configured where you in Daysi enter a URL/Link to your calendar in the other calendar system.
– This URL/Link,makes it possible to import the Appointments from this Calendar into Daysi.
This configuration of Daysi is done from the phone
You should do as follows:
– Log in to Daysi Family Calendar
– Select My Profile or the Family Member that you want to import the Appointments to.
– Scroll down to the section: Calendar Settings and click on the Import Appointments field:
– A new window will open and here you have an overview of the imports that are already created – and you can create new imports.
– At the bottom of the window there are some icons that you can tap on to open descriptions that explains how to configure Daysi to retrieve appointments.
– Click on the “+” button in the window that appears to configure a calendar from which you want to retrieve appointments:
Fill in the following fields:
– Calendar name: Here you must enter a name of the calendar from which you want to import appointments. The name is displayed as part of the information about the agreement in Daysi
– URL: Here you must enter the URL that you have received from the external calendar from which you would like to retrieve appointments.
– Click Create External Calendar
The appointments are now imported from the external calendar and a notification is sent to the user.
– Sign in to your Google Calenda
– Click the Setup icon at the top right corner
– Select Settings
– A new Menu appears on the left side of the screen.
– Under the menu item Settings for my calendars, select your own Google Calendar (this is typically the first one just below this text)
There are two ways that you can access your Google Calendar:
– Click on Access Permissions.
– Place a tick-mark next to the item Make available to public
– In the drop-down field in the same line, select: See all event details
– Finally you can click on the button Get Shareable Link to get the link to the calendar.
– Copy the link to the memory and sent it in a mail to you phone. This is the link that you should use in Daysi to import the Appointments from you Calendar.
– The secpnd solution is to get the link directly to your Google Calendar
– Under the section Settings for my calendars click on the section Integrate calendars
– Find the section: Secret address in iCal format
– Click on the URL for the calendar
– This link should use in Daysi
– Send this Link in a mail e.l. so you have access to the Link from the Phone where your Daysi App is installed.
– You now need to configure Daysi so that appointments from your Google Calendar are downloaded into Daysi.
See instructions here: Create link in Daysi to external calendar
Tip: If you are logged in to Google Mail from a computer, you can send the Calendar Link via an email to your phone and then copy the Link from the email over to Daysi
– Log in to your Outlook 365 Web-calendar – typically through https://www.office.com/
– Click on the Setup icon at the top right of the window
– A new section opens and you should scroll down to the bottom and select View All Outlook Settings.
– A new window will open and then select Calendar in the left-section and the Shared Calendars
– Under the section Publish a calendar you should do as follows:
– Choose the Calendar you want to publish
– Choose what type of information from the calendar that should be visible
– Publish the calendar by clicking on the Publish button.
– Click on the ICS link and choose Copy Link
– This is the link you should use when configuring Daysi to import your Outlook Calendar.
– Send the link in a mail to your Phone so you can Copy/Past the link into Days.
Execute the following tasks to import Appointments from TeamSnap:
Appointments created in Team Cowboy can be imported into Daysi as “read-only”. It is quite quick and easy to get the appointments from the calendar imported.
Please note, appointments must be changed in Team Cowboy and Daysi will import the Appointments several times daily.
Execute the following tasks to import Appointments from Team Cowboy:
The function for importing Appointments from External Calendars is a general function where you create a link to the External Calendar that Daysi uses when importing the Appointments.
This means, that Daysi can import Appointments from any External Calendar if the system support the function.
Please ask your supplier of the Calendar system if they supports the iCal Calendar format, or you can try to look in the FAQ pages on the Calendar System’s Website.